[tomoyo-users-en 621] Resuming development of TOMOYO/AKARI/CaitSith.

Zurück zum Archiv-Index
Tetsuo Handa from-****@I-lov*****
Tue Apr 21 23:12:29 JST 2015

Hello.

I and Toshiharu worked at NTT Open Source Software Center for troubleshooting
RHEL systems for three years (from April 2012 to March 2015). I mainly had
charge of troubles caused by Linux kernels, especially kernel panics,
unexpected reboots and hang up. Since I have experienced kernel development
via TOMOYO/AKARI/CaitSith, I wrote many trivial programs for reproducing
problematic kernel behaviors and collecting information. My experience is
summarized at
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp/sites/events/files/slides/LCJ2014-en_0.pdf .

We are now working at NTT DATA INTELLILINK Corporation for doing something
related to OSS security. As we were freed from stress caused by everlasting
deadline, I was able to resume development of TOMOYO/AKARI/CaitSith.

Today, I uploaded ccs-patch 1.8.3p10 and ccs-tools 1.8.3p9 which enhances
usability of ccs-editpolicy and fixes several bugs.

  (1) Until now, 'o' key (optimize command) did not work on "use_group" entry
      in the Domain Policy Editor screen. Now, 'o' key works as if repeating
      'o' key on each entry "acl_group" of that number contains.

  (2) Until now, (not yet documented) TAB key was toggling between Exception
      Policy Editor screen and Domain Transition Editor screen. Now, TAB key
      switches to previous screen, e.g. from Exception Policy Editor screen
      to Domain Policy Editor screen.

  (3) Until now, 'o' key did not work on entries with conditions (e.g.
      task.uid=0). Now, pressing 'o' key on an entry without conditions
      will select the same entry with conditions.

These changes should save key typing when using optimization command.

Also, a prototype for multiple acl_group support is available as a patch for
current trunk/1.8.x/ at
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/tomoyo/scm/svn/blobs/6407/branches/diff-1.8.4.txt .
Currently, each domain can include only one use_group entry. The patch allows
each domain to include up to 256 use_group entries. As a result, you will be
able to reduce duplication of policy by defining multiple acl_group entries
based on use cases and including them from domains. An example domain policy
with the patch applied would look like below.

  <kernel> /path/to/app1
  use_profile 3
  use_group 0
  use_group 1
  file read /path/to/file1
  file write /path/to/file1

  <kernel> /path/to/app2
  use_profile 3
  use_group 0
  use_group 2
  use_group 3
  file read /path/to/file2

  <kernel> /path/to/app3
  use_profile 3
  use_group 0
  use_group 4
  file execute /path/to/file3

I was planning to allow specifying acl_group by name than by a number, but
as with profile number, I chose numbers which will save a lot of code.

For compatibility within TOMOYO 1.8.x series, only white listing syntax is
available. If black listing syntax is needed, CaitSith would fit better.

If this specification matches your needs, I'd like to release as
TOMOYO 1.8.4.

Regards.