Foren: Offene Diskussion (Thread #40719)

RTS & CTS handshaking not working in Teraterm (2019-05-07 07:58 by ckeays #82938)

I am using Teraterm as a serial terminal to send files to a microcontroller.

I test my device in all other terminals like hyperterminal, brays, and many others. The hardware handshaking is working in every one except TeraTerm. I have connected the DTR pin to both DSR and CD just to see if it would work, however it does not.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Any help would be well appreciated.
(Letztes Update: 2019-05-07 07:59 by ckeays)

Re: RTS & CTS handshaking not working in Teraterm (2020-02-03 20:09 by yegorich #84255)

Reply To Message #82938
> I am using Teraterm as a serial terminal to send files to a microcontroller.
>
> I test my device in all other terminals like hyperterminal, brays, and many others. The hardware handshaking is working in every one except TeraTerm. I have connected the DTR pin to both DSR and CD just to see if it would work, however it does not.
>
> Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
>
> Any help would be well appreciated.

I have tried both version 4.104 and current SVN trunk. In both versions TeraTerm reacts properly if the other side raises the RTS signal i.e. Tera Term stop sending and resumes when RTS is "low". ZMODEM worked too.
Reply to #82938

Re: RTS & CTS handshaking not working in Teraterm (2022-06-18 03:19 by ervinjason #90300)

Monitoring what’s happening inside your microcontroller is an invaluable tool for prototyping and debugging.

One of the best ways to do this is to send/receive data over a serial port.

Most microcontrollers have a serial port that can output UART data over the TX/RX lines, and if you’re used to using Arduino, you’ll take the built in Serial Monitor for granted.

But what if you’re using a Particle device such as the Photon or Electron, or a Raspberry Pi without a display, or any other board with a Serial port?

Well, fortunately, there are plenty of serial terminal programs available to use, but one of the most popular is Tera Term. It’s simple, open source, and free! It’s what we recommend if you’re a Windows user.
Reply to #82938

Re: RTS & CTS handshaking not working in Teraterm (2022-08-18 18:07 by john_smyth #91042)

Reply To Message #82938
> I am using Teraterm as a serial terminal to send files to a microcontroller.
>
> I test my device in all other terminals like hyperterminal, brays, and many others. The hardware handshaking is working in every one except TeraTerm. I have connected the DTR pin to both DSR and CD just to see if it would work, however it does not.
>
> Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
>
> Any help would be well appreciated.

I have the same problem with Teraterm when using RS232 (i.e DB9 plug not USB).
The problem does not happen when a usb cable is used. (i.e. USB to TTL).

The developer is not responding.
Reply to #82938