Reply To cazfi
Let's try to get it done so that we don't need to change things (too much) in 3.2 again.
This might be only a dream. As I've been digging in to keyboard setups of different clients, it's becoming obvious that there's quite a lot of work in this -> might take too long to fit in 3.1 schedule. More importantly, #45958 shows that there are issues that we simply cannot resolve in 3.1.
We need to be moving keys around a bit more (we already have had all the "Cultivate" and "Plant" related rearrangements done during 3.1 cycle). Let's try to get it done so that we don't need to change things (too much) in 3.2 again (having three different key binding arrangements in active branches wouldn't make life too easy). Also trying to unify things between different clients and also the documentation.
I hope to get this resolved completely by alpha5, so that people don't need to relearn things once for alpha5 and then again for beta1.
- Documenting the situation: #45797
- Key needed for "Connect with Maglev": #41990
- Key rearrangements needed for Transport / Cargo interactions: #42591
- Qt-client "Upgrade Unit" and "Convert Unit" modifier: #45798 (done)
- Free "<ctrl>m" for "Connect with Maglev": #45800 (done), #46084, #46093
- Overloaded 'p': #45958 (done)