Foren: Offene Diskussion (Thread #3934)

EDOSK-2674 eCos target, where is it? (2003-12-06 04:05 by Anonym #6982)

I went searching for redboot support for the EDOSK-2674 and found it here, but I can't seem to locate a patch that will add the target to eCos-2.0. I got the latest copy of eCos-2.0 today from the redhat page using their tool (ecos-install.tcl) hoping I would find it, but it was not there. I tried applying the patch in the files section to this, but it would not apply at all. I made some modifications to the directory structure to change all instantces of 2_0 to current (which is what the patch wanted) and it applied, but not cleanly. What am I missing? Was the binary file in the files section only a preview? Has anyone made a patch to the eCos sources yet to allow this target to be added?

Thanks,
Mike Panetta
mike.panetta @ netplanner.com

Reply to #6982×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Anmelden

RE: EDOSK-2674 eCos target, where is it? (2003-12-09 00:28 by ysato #7025)

I think that can come true with this method.

1. Replace packages/hal/h8300 to a thing of current.
2. Add item to be necessary for ecos.db.

An ethernet driver may need a correction, too.
Reply to #6982

Reply to #7025×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Anmelden

RE: EDOSK-2674 eCos target, where is it? (2003-12-10 00:19 by Anonym #7039)

I found another way. I just got the CVS version from your repository here, and pointed the config tool to use it instead of the default one. It has built fine doing this. It did not seem to have DHCP support for some reason though. Is there a config option I can make sure is enabled to get DHCP/Networking support to work with redboot?

PS: The gcc-3.3.diff on your download page is broken. I fixed it and can send it to you in email if you wish. The patch is flawed in that the #endif is not redirected to the file that is generated (dp_bit.c, fp_bit.c) causing the compile to fail with an unterminated #if. It also tries to patch a file that is autogenerated and thus does not exist at patch time (dp_bit.c). All this is fixed in my version of the patch.
Reply to #6982

Reply to #7039×

RE: EDOSK-2674 eCos target, where is it? (2003-12-12 00:08 by ysato #7060)

Because I put new version, I want thus you to test it.

A patch of gcc identifies if I have you send you.
Reply to #7039

Reply to #7060×