Bulk Crap Uninstaller (in short BCUninstaller or BCU) is a free (as in speech and beer) bulk program uninstaller with advanced automation. It excels at removing large amounts of applications with minimal to no user input, while requiring next to no technical knowledge.
It can detect most applications and games (even portable or not registered), clean up leftovers, force uninstall, automatically uninstall according to premade lists, and much more.
Bulk Crap Uninstaller is licensed under Apache 2.0 open source license, and can be used in both private and commercial settings for free and with no obligations, as long as no conditions of the license are broken.
Features and fixes
- Added checking if junk might belong to a different application with a similar name to junk scan (e.g. Chrome, Chrome Updater, Chrome Remote Desktop) - more accurate junk confidence with less false positives
- Added quiet uninstall of Edge developer builds
- Reduced lag when writing in the search box
- Fixed loading dialog staying on top of all windows
- Fixed Scoop not being detected if placed in a custom directory
- Fixed corrupted registry string values causing crashes
- Fixed crash when trying to start an empty uninstall task
- Fixed deadlock when changing filtering options rapidly
- Fixed issues with starting helpers crashing list loading
- Fixed junk scanner crashes crashing the whole process (now the crashed scanner is ignored)
- Fixed system restore being wrongly detected as unavailable if periodic restore point creation was disabled
- Fixed rare ObjectDisposedException when closing BCU during uninstall
- Fixed rare nullreference crash when closing uninstall progress window
- Fixed invalid format crash with Turkish translation
- Fixed invalid format crashes with Arabic translation
- Fixed FormatException on some locales when updating statusbar